Monday, September 20, 2010

Growing Like a Weed

In classic "new parent" style, we took Maisie to the doctor today because we were worried that she's not extending her night time sleeping cycles yet. The doctor was kind enough not to laugh us out of the office, but the message was....hang in there at least a few more weeks. Sigh!

But, Maisie weighed in at a whopping 9 lbs 8 oz today. Wow!


On another note, I survived week one of handling Quinn and Maisie alone. I miss Karen and Mom a lot! :) Here's the top three new tricks Quinn brought out in honor of my first week.

1. Squeezing himself between the front screen and metal doors. He can get himself in there and then shut the metal door behind him. This takes the game "Where's Quinn?" to a whole new level.

2. When he wants to wipe his nose, he goes for the tissues already in the garbage can in the bathroom. Gross!

3. At night, after I tuck him in his bed and sing a song, he lifts his head and kisses my cheek. This one makes it all worth it! :)

3 comments:

Niki said...

STOP STOP STOP! Maisie is going to be too big by the time I get there in a week and a half! Good thing the new onesie I bought her is 3-6 month size. ; )

Charlie Jo has lots of even better tricks to show Quinn at Thanksgiving. Just you wait...

Don and Steph said...

I know! My little peanut is growing up already. We can't wait for you to meet her! You didn't have to buy her anything though. She already has the awesome puppy dog!

Erin said...

I think I'm going to start calling her Mini Steph... she's adorable and looks just like you!