Thursday, September 8, 2011

A Day in the Life of Q and M

An aside....
Believe it or not, we've filled both of our computer hard drives with photos and videos of our kids....and they are only two and one!  I guess I need to go buy a massive external hard drive.  But in the meantime, I can't load any more photos onto my computer for fear it will shut down entirely.  So, until I get this little issue resolved, you'll have to imagine our goofy kids as you read our posts.

A few miscellaneous facts about the kids at 2 and 1/2 and 1 years old....

- Quinn likes his night time baths ice cold.  If we have warm water in the tub already from Maisie's bath, he immediately asks for the cold water to be turned on and run until the whole tub is freezing.  What's up with that? Will he be our polar bear swimmer?

- This morning, Quinn asked me to read him Don's Car and Driver magazine.  Yes, he loves this magazine and looks at it cover-to-cover.  Today, he accurately pointed out a Mustang, a Honda Pilot (which he calls Mama Truck), a BMW, a Corvette, a Porsche and a Mini.  You can take the kid out of Detroit, but you can't take the Detroit out of the kid I guess.  :)

- While nothing can compare with Quinn's love of cars and trucks, Maisie is developing a love affair of her own with dogs.  She loves to try to give Kayla kisses. She almost always misses the mark, but it's super cute anyway.  She points out every stuffed or real dog she can spy anywhere we go.

- Maisie also loves shoes.  She carries them around with her.  It was super funny to see her try to carry both of Don's dress shoes last night.  She kind of half dragged, half carried them around.  She especially loves her own shoes and is quick to sit down and literally put her feet in the air when I tell her it's time to put on her shoes.  I think I see an expensive habit in my future....

- I particularly enjoy seeing Maisie grow into the fun habits Quinn had at one year old. She loves to be pulled in the red wagon - especially if Quinn is doing the pulling.  She loves to use the little lawn mower and is quickly getting the hang of the little red Radio Flyer scooter.  It appears I'm going to have two "gross-motor-skill" centric kids on my hands.  Oh boy.

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great blog - so fun to hear how these two are changing by the moment - nanab