Then I had to cross the desert to get to the mystery beach...
Finally we saw the promise land...
I got to walk on the sandy beach and search for stones...
And then Dad let me touch Lake Michigan for the first time - he said it was a rite of passage.
We had an excellent haul - I must be good luck. The five of us got a TON of Petoskey stones!
Finally we had a good meal at the North Peak and I got to hang out with my GUD! (Great Uncle Dave).
7 comments:
Sweet Water Michigan!
You can take the "Michiganians" out of Michigan,
but you can't take the Michigan out of "Michiganians"!!
What a wonderful time you all must have had!
Where was that beach Stephanie??
Aunt Martha :)
I just knew GAM's (Great Aunt Maratha) ears would perk up when she heard about a beach with a "ton" of petosky stones... we better pack bigger suitcases :)
Give him a few years and Quinn will be floating in Lake Michigan in a big black inner-tube!
-Katie
Waht a fun post! NanaB
GAM - near Elk Rapids. You'll have to ask Ellie to show you where. I'm not sure I could find it again if I tried! :)
Martha, You missed a key phrase in the blog---- 'mystery beach'. Steph thinks it is near Elk Rapids, and that is a pretty good guess, after driving around an hour with blind folds on. DT
For a small fee.....
Post a Comment